"Working together to end homelessness"

Emmaus is an international charity with a mandate to fight poverty and injustice in all its forms.


Friday 28 August 2015

Ed Sheeren said in an interview.....

"There would be nothing worse than having a bank account so big I could buy anything I wanted but have nothing to show for it"















Ed's quote was referring to having a family and the fact for him the meaning and fulfillment of life is to have a family and all the fame and fortune is pointless without this.

As I was musing this morning what to post this week I started to think about this quote and questioned myself as to what is important in my life, and what does or would bring me fulfillment.

I have the privilege of a commute to work that consists of 12 steps, due to living above my work place. I normally spend 20 minutes in the morning in the court yard having a coffee and enjoying the company of 2 goats, 4 rabbits and 2 gynnie pigs. This morning the sun was out and a nice fresh breeze blowing, and as I pondered the day ahead there really was nowhere else I would have rather been.

In the eyes of the world I have very little in the way of material possessions, status, or even opportunity, but I have everything that I need and I'm content with my lot. Some would call this lack of ambition, but its not, I have ambitions and dreams, the point is that doesn't make me ignore the joys I have now.

I feel that I'm extremely blessed to be able to make the above statement and am very aware that my life and attitude hasn't always been this way, so why is it now?

I have my life's struggles as everyone does, and there are some things I would like in my life which I don't have, but that's the secret of contentment these things don't affect the inner sense of rest I have. We spend so much time striving for the things we think we want and don't yet have that we can miss out on the pleasures  we already have. Its the same as when we wish for the weekend to come we miss what each day has to offer, but that's for another post and please do enjoy the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment