"Working together to end homelessness"

Emmaus is an international charity with a mandate to fight poverty and injustice in all its forms.


Tuesday 21 July 2015

The wolf you feed is the one that wins!

I've just had a week off work and spent most of my time relaxing and doing nothing very productive. Watching movies became my occupation for most of the week. One of the films I watched was "Tomorrowsland" I wont go into the films story except to say it was basically about optimism verses pessimism.

The film uses a reoccuring analogy about 2 wolves.


"If there are 2 wolves of equal size, weight and age fighting which one will win the fight? The one you feed."
I think that we all fall largely into one group or another, an optimist or a pessimist. Is the glass half full or half empty?

How do you view the world? Is it full of death, destruction and chaos? Or is it full of love, hope and opportunity? Or is it full of all the above?

If we accept the world is full of all of the above then the reality must be the glass is both half empty and half full. So where am I going with this? It becomes a choice of how to view the world we can choose to focus -feed- one view or another. That focus will then turn into actions, the actions will result in outcomes and the outcomes will cause change. Cause and affect.

So what wolf do we choose to feed today?


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I was wondering were you the owner of the image that you use for your blog? The awesome pic of the two fighting wolves to be specific.

    ReplyDelete