"Working together to end homelessness"

Emmaus is an international charity with a mandate to fight poverty and injustice in all its forms.


Tuesday 29 November 2016

His name should be Kanye REST.

I want to make it clear from the start, I am not a fan of Kanye West. In my personal opinion his music is very hit and miss and not someone I would want to spend time with. But thats not what this post is about.

Even for someone who's past behaviour has been odd at times clearly what happened last week was a complete breakdown, supported since by his hospitalisation for exhaustion.

We all need rest, I'm just about to have a few day's off work starting today and it wasn't until I had booked it and started to think about it that I realised how much I needed some rest.

It becomes so easy to get caught up in our daily lives, our work lives. More and more of our time and energy can get consumed unintentionally and without us realising.

Its interesting that we even have to consider resting, I am someone that thinks I rest quite a lot, but in reality I dont actually REST very much at all. My mind hardly ever just drifts, even when I'm watching a movie I am often doing something at the same time, even if its just reading emails or online shopping I am still mentally active.

The world is busy, not some of the time but all of the time and we step on the tread mill and then find it hard to step off. Human beings need rest, we need time out, not time off work but actual time out from life, the world, the business. If we dont find a way to do this trouble is round the corner its unhealthy to be on the go all the time.

Some please as we approach a busy season don't forget about your own health and remember to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment