"Working together to end homelessness"

Emmaus is an international charity with a mandate to fight poverty and injustice in all its forms.


Monday 15 June 2015

#MagnaCarta

Its Monday once again and not sure how anyone else was feeling this morning, myself not really up for it. As I was contemplating the day ahead the news was on in the background talking about the #MagnaCarta.


I didn't pay much attention, but did start thinking about freedom and liberty and what that really means in the 21st century. How much today in the UK do we take for granted, and does freedom and liberty add up to equality, or are other factors more relevant than a perception of freedom, and what is it that makes us truely free?

A lot of questions and I'm not arrogant enough to think I have all the answers. But like most people I do observe, and my observations tell me some have more freedom than others. Why, Just opens up even more questions. I see reasons why this may be and at times feel helpless to do anything about it, but is that really the case?

As a homeless charity Emmaus Sheffield and Emmaus UK are always looking at the causes and consequences of inequality and try to fight it as and when we can. So what about you, what can you do? That's not for me to say, but I would encourage you to ask yourself the question, and then maybe use some of the freedom and liberty granted you to help others experience it in their lives too.

No comments:

Post a Comment